Hosting again

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Mon Oct 29 10:54:58 GMT 2007

I currently have three servers with Burton hosting but their support
is getting a little flaky and others who are with them have had
problems getting them to reboot dead servers recently.

On the recommendation of Greg and others I checked out ByteMark. I
love their attitude and they're prepared to give me their free
software developer's discount - but their standard bandwidth limit of
100Gb / month ain't enough for me - and the amount of bandwidth I'm
currently using would make them prohibitively expensive. Burton's
allocation is 2000Gb / month and my busiest server is currently
averaging about 800Gb/m.

ByteMark can't understand how Burton are so cheap - and having had a
quick look around I'm inclined to believe them. I pay about £140 /
month / server to Burton.

Does anyone have recommendations?

Thanks :)

--