Hosting again

Ash Berlin ash_cpan at firemirror.com
Mon Oct 29 11:10:42 GMT 2007

Andy Armstrong wrote:
> I currently have three servers with Burton hosting but their support
> is getting a little flaky and others who are with them have had
> problems getting them to reboot dead servers recently.
>
> On the recommendation of Greg and others I checked out ByteMark. I
> love their attitude and they're prepared to give me their free
> software developer's discount - but their standard bandwidth limit of
> 100Gb / month ain't enough for me - and the amount of bandwidth I'm
> currently using would make them prohibitively expensive. Burton's
> allocation is 2000Gb / month and my busiest server is currently
> averaging about 800Gb/m.
>
> ByteMark can't understand how Burton are so cheap - and having had a
> quick look around I'm inclined to believe them. I pay about £140 /
> month / server to Burton.
>
> Does anyone have recommendations?
>
> Thanks :)

1&1 dedicated root servers. I've been using them for a while and had not
problems with them. Plus side is unlimited bandwidth[0]. I've been happy
with them, but I only put about 100Gb/mo thru my server.  No traffic
issues or other connectivity problems, and no hardware issues with my
server as yet (i've had it about 9 months i think)

http://www.1and1.co.uk/?k_id=1020051

(And yes, that is a referral so I get a kick back if you sign up for
something from that link)

Ash.

[0]: Yes, its probably not unlimited, but last time I looked I couldn't
see what the usage ones