[OT] E-mail provider recommendations

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Oct 29 13:39:03 GMT 2007

Ismail, Rafiq (IT) wrote:

> The other-half has been looking into the deed-poll and the subsequent
> adoption of this name on her Dutch passport; I don't think that it's
> that easy to include interesting capitalisation and punctuation schemes.
> For Dutch recognition of the name, I will have to adopt it first then
> marry her.  It will be on presentation of our marriage certificate that
> she'll be able to adopt our new name.

Unless custom and practice has changed, won't she have a problem with
"official" communications automatically double barrelling her name with
yours (whether the current one or any adopted one)? For instance, my
mother is always officially addressed as "Mevr A C Koopman-Bootsman"
(she is the "Bootsman"). That is what will be on her death certificate.