Hosting again

Martin A. Brooks martin at antibodymx.net
Mon Oct 29 16:39:56 GMT 2007

Alistair McGlinchy wrote:
> You've just hit one of my favourite niggles.  Why do you want redundant
> networks and sites AND redundant memory, processors and power supplies
> within a site? [*]  This a waste of money, you end up spending 4 times the
> money for only N/2 resilience. If you want extra resilience, add another
> site or buy components with better MTBF.

I disagree.  A second power supply for one of our mail filtering nodes
costs about £100.  Another server costs about £2000.
We're spread across 4 different physical locations, none of which I want
to visit because a server has been downed for want of a working PSU.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin at antibodymx.net      | filtering. Inoculate