OT: It's arrived!

Lyle - CosmicPerl.com perl at cosmicperl.com
Fri Nov 2 14:23:10 GMT 2007

Hi All,
  I'm excited, my SecureLinx Spider arrived today, should greatly help
with some of my server headaches. I ordered it from America to try and
save a bit of cash, cost about £250, the VAT and import duty was about
£50, but I'll get the VAT back. So a remote KVM solution for under £300
aint bad. It's USB powered so no separate power supply and designed to
be 0U at only 5" x 2", it's got two strips of vecro so you can literally
stick it to be back of your server. With a bit of luck the data centre
wont charge me for the extra Ethernet port.

Just tested it on my local machines and it works great! Unfortunately
they said I wont be able to put in it until next week.

Before anyone shouts SSH, that's fine, but no good for BIOS access and
if the server messes up in a way that SSH isn't available.

Lyle

--
CosmicPerl.com CGI Scripts <http://www.cosmicperl.com> 	Lyle Hopkins
"How can I help?"