OT: It's arrived!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Nov 2 16:16:35 GMT 2007

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 02:23:10PM +0000, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:

> Before anyone shouts SSH, that's fine, but no good for BIOS access and
> if the server messes up in a way that SSH isn't available.

That's why you should use proper computers that:
  a) don't think they're running CP/M;
  b) will talk to a serial port as soon as the power is turned on
and then use a terminal server.

But if you're stuck with obsolete computers, then I suggest using PC
Weasel cards instead of those KVM things.  They're about half the price.
  http://www.realweasel.com/

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

Arbeit macht Alkoholiker