OT: It's arrived!

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Nov 5 11:18:54 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 01:42:07AM +0000, Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> Simon Cozens wrote:
> >Lyle - CosmicPerl.com wrote:
> >
> >>With a bit of luck the data centre
> >>wont charge me for the extra Ethernet port.
> >>

> >What kind of data center doesn't offer serial port access?
> >

> Hi Simon,
>  Remote serial port access? This is new to me. To be honest access the
> BIOS, etc, through a serial port is new to me. If you'd give me the
> terms I can google to research this I'd very much appreciate it.

If you're hosting commercially on this box, please for ghod's sake hire
a sysadmin.

It's become extremely obvious that you aren't one, so you either need to
start paying one or you need to tell your hosting customers they should
move elsewhere if they care about their websites.

(note: I'm not a sysadmin either - guess what Shadowcat's first hire was ...)