OT: It's arrived!

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Nov 5 11:42:18 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 05, 2007 at 11:18:54AM +0000, Matt S Trout wrote:
[...]
> It's become extremely obvious that you aren't one, so you either need to
> start paying one or you need to tell your hosting customers they should
> move elsewhere if they care about their websites. (note: I'm not a
> sysadmin either - guess what Shadowcat's first hire was ...)

Having done both Perl dev and sysadmin jobs, I'd just like to note that a
good Perl hacker can be a good sysadmin too without a vast amount of effort.

However, I'd also like to note that one person should do one or the other
job. The Perl stuff takes up 90% of your time, and the sysadmin stuff takes
up the other 90%.