OT: It's arrived!

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Tue Nov 6 17:50:26 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 05:29:58PM +0000, graham wrote:
[...]
> If you do that, in a month or so this mailing list will go into the next
> phase of its cycle, which is agonized soul-searching about how perl
> programmers' bitchiness and inability to relate like normal folks is
> responsible for the decline of the language...

I think it's probably this sort of nonsense that makes Perl unpopular:

Subject: Perl Developer role

Dear Peter,

Perl Software Engineer for my client in the Bristol area. Due to expansion
my client are in the process of recruiting a talented Java Software Engineer
developer. My client is an exciting market leading web content management
system (CMS) provider.

The successful candidate will be expected to develop the detailed
requirements and come up with a design through a combination of close
communication with the product owner and team, adding your own creative
input ideas

To be considered for this role you must have 2 years commercial experience
using Perl modules, object orientated Perl, XHTML and rational databases

The successful candidate will work on client implementations on my client's
web publishing software. This role will involve Perl initially with a move
to Java over the coming months.

In return my client offers a salary of 22,000 - 30,000

If you would like the opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing
media companies in the Bristol and fast track your in development apply now
via email