OT: It's arrived!

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Nov 8 13:47:03 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 10:53:37AM +0000, Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 01:31:46AM -0800, Randy J. Ray wrote:
> > I haven't considered unsubscribing, but I find myself wistful for the
> > "kill thread" functionality of USENET newsreaders I've used in the past...
> Rig up INN, create moderated groups for all of your lists, set the moderator
> to be the list submission address, and pipe incoming list articles into
> rnews, possibly thrhough a quick bit of Perl to canonicalise the message
> headers. Point your favourite newsreader at that.
> And then drop Lyle into your killfile.

Or in mutt ...

which will delete all messages in all threads that are follow-ups to
something from Lyle.  I expect you could bind it to a single keypress.

David Cantrell | top google result for "internet beard fetish club"

    Suffer the little children to come unto me, as
    their buying habits are most easily influenced.
       -- Marketroid Jesus