[londonperl] Re: red hat chkconfig to manage logical booleans?

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Fri Nov 9 19:04:57 GMT 2007

Thanks for the responses.

I was mistaken.  red hat chkconfig manages symlinks, not hard links.

I've realized I really do want the irix-like functionality and not to go
mucking around in </etc/rc?.d/>.  I was seduced by the lazy side of
The Force.

Unless cpan has something irix-like (a quick look didn't reveal
anything), I'll most likely roll my own.  Logging is a great idea, as
is offering a non-privileged user the option to manage their own
private set of booleans, apart from any "system" set.

Now that I think of it, red hat turning a symlink from an Sxx link to a
Kxx link when you chkconfig something off is kind of clever...

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.