Multi platform, high volume data recording

nigel@turbo10.com nigel at turbo10.com
Sun Nov 11 01:15:24 GMT 2007

Hi Lyle,

> http://www.cosmicperl.com/design1.swf

 	Do you really need realtime reporting? Google Analytics, for
example, works fine with a short delay. The reason I ask is that this will
relieve the pressure to scale.

 	If the requirement is a "would like to have" I would solve this
one when my system was starting to handle squillions of hits --- this kind
of a problem is a nice one to have --- in the meantime create a system
that doesn't give you too much grief and can evolve into its right
technical/economic niche.

Nige