Multi platform, high volume data recording

Peter Corlett abuse at
Mon Nov 12 15:49:07 GMT 2007

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 02:42:07PM +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> One 90,000 subscriber messages per day would not be a problem (I am
> assuming that you send one email with 90,000 <rcpt-to>s [maybe batched up
> in 1000 address chunks, but that is premature optimisation ;-])

I think I'd want to use VERP, which implies one recipient per message, as it
makes it easier to clean the lists.

In a previous life, we were spamfiltering and routing a million or so
messages a day on fairly modest hardware - the kind of tin you'd not look at
twice these days. Sending mail requires less hardware than receiving.