Multi platform, high volume data recording

Lyle - perl at
Mon Nov 12 22:38:22 GMT 2007

Peter Corlett wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 02:42:07PM +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> [...]
> I think I'd want to use VERP, which implies one recipient per message, as it
> makes it easier to clean the lists.

Thanks for pointing me onto VERP. Yes I'd need to send individual emails
to each as they'll want to include personalisation like "Hello Name,". I
came across:-
Which looks like it'll be very useful for benchmarking this.

Gareth Kirwan wrote:
>> Better still, use a mailing list manager that already exists,
>> thus saving
>> you the effort of writing your own.
>> Reinventing the wheel is boring.
> Bloody isn't!
> Whether or not it's the right thing to do is another matter, but
> re-inventing wheels is always fun.
> Not to mention that you always learn something whilst doing so.
> It's just not cost-effective, and always more work than you imagine.

Indeed. I have a personal loathing for using other peoples web scripts,
always try to code my own instead. Sometimes they even grow into
products I sell.