NLP followup

Peter Corlett abuse at
Tue Nov 13 17:41:02 GMT 2007

On Tue, Nov 13, 2007 at 08:35:15AM -0800, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> I think text/plain and 80-col wrapping is increasingly an anachronism.

Perhaps, but it's the lowest common denominator when there's no MIME magic
to say it's something else.

> text/html has taken over (seriously, get over it), and even where it
> hasn't (like here), a mail reader should be able to display unwrapped
> text/plain without leaving it unreadable. If that's not the case, my harsh
> response would be "go fix it'.

My mail reader *did* break the lines. It was however unaware that it was
supposed to be splt into paragraphs on the single CRLF that was present
between the lines. I could *see* where the paragraph breaks were intended,
but also looked at about 300 lines of solid text and went "bugger wading
through that lot, hasn't he heard of editing and summarising?"

Improvable Tripe: