Laptop Recommendations

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Wed Nov 28 14:11:07 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 13:48 +0000, Edwardson, Tony wrote:
> I bought a Vaio a few years back and found that a lot of the hardware was
> proprietary with poor driver support. I had lots of grief getting Linux up
> and running on dual-boot.

I've had three Vaios over the last five years ( this might be a
testament to their robustness, but only one died and that as a result of
a mishap.) They've all run various linux distributions and one of the
surviving ones dual-boots with win XP.

The current one (a VGN-N31) all the devices work fine with the exception
of the SD card reader and that probably because I can't be arsed to get
it to work.

/J\