Laptop Recommendations

Denny london.pm at metamathics.org
Wed Nov 28 15:56:49 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-11-28 at 14:11 +0000, Jonathan Stowe wrote:
> I've had three Vaios over the last five years ( this might be a
> testament to their robustness, but only one died and that as a result of
> a mishap.)

I'm inclined to think the Vaio reputation for poor build quality might
be slightly exaggerated.  I was wearing a rucksack containing a Vaio
when I had my motorbike crash a few years back...  I wrote off a
motorbike, a car, and my right leg, but the laptop still booted.  :)

The hard drive did need replacing about six months later, after getting
increasingly unreliable, but even so I thought it did fairly well
considering.  And at least I got to use it to watch DVDs in hospital.

Regards,
Denny