Laptop Recommendations

Billy Abbott billy at cowfish.org.uk
Wed Nov 28 15:21:27 GMT 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Nigel Rantor wrote:

> Had a look at the Lenovo ThinkPad T6[01] and the newer models also seem to
> have some teething problems. Also, they look like a Kwik-Save cashier in
> comparison with the Vaio....

I'm typing this on a T60 and my officemate just "upgraded" his to a T61 -
they certainly do have a bunch of teething problems. Depends a bit on what
you use them for, but there are issues under Windows with docking and
undocking as well as random slowdowns and more bluescreens than I've seen
on any of the other Thinkpads I've had.

The T61 currently seems to be a bit worse than the T60.

In the past IBM have been pretty good with Linux as far as I've heard, but
Lenovo aren't as good as IBM on anything that I've seen so far.

--billy

--
"On two occasions I have been asked, 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you
put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come