Laptop Recommendations

Bob Walker bob at randomness.org.uk
Wed Nov 28 17:58:59 GMT 2007

tOn Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Peter Corlett wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 04:40:08PM +0000, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> [...]
>> I state this opinion as the person who got to sort out every mac that
>> broke at Fotango over a 12 month period.
>
> I just walked into the Apple Store on Regent Street, slapped the broken
> machine on the counter, filled in a couple of bits of paper and left them to
> it. I was told that the spare part was out of stock and it might take over a
> fortnight - five days later I get a phone call telling me it's ready to
> collect.

which is fine for a consumer.
They have no idea about corporate support for their laptops.
Companies would almost certainly pay for a better level of support.

> What were you doing wrong?

not wanting to traipse over to regent street when we have real work to be
doing.

--
Bob Walker
http://london.randomness.org.uk - http://tech.randomness.org.uk