Laptop Recommendations

the hatter at
Wed Nov 28 21:41:18 GMT 2007

On Wed, 28 Nov 2007, Peter Corlett wrote:

> Well, Apple don't grok 3G, as evidenced by the iPhone, so I wouldn't hold
> your breath for a 3G-capable one. However the machines do have built-in
> Bluetooth, so you can just use a phone as a wireless modem instead.

That is what I do; the downside is that bluetooth will rather eat your
batteries.  For most instances I use it, that isnt a big deal.  When it
is, I tend to have my phone's usb charge/data cable and use that instead
of BT.  Not much more messy than the usb 3g modems that all the networks
have sprouted recently

the hatter