Laptop Recommendations

Martin A. Brooks martin at antibodymx.net
Wed Nov 28 23:36:46 GMT 2007

Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Apple seemed happy enough to courier stuff to and from our offices..
> I don't know what we were doing differently to get that service!

The past tense is accurate.

Some time late last year they stopped doing mail-in returns.  Up to
approximately November 2006 Apple would cheerfully mail you a pre-paid
box to return your blighted macbook to them in.  Then they stopped doing
that and insisted you physically take your purchase to the nearest Apple
Authorised Repair Centre for assessment,

One other member of this list will be able to confirm that one such
repair took in excess of _6 weeks_ to complete. I buy hardware because I
expect it to work, or be repaired, perhaps replaced, extremely promptly
when it doesn't.

As a sidenote, I find it hard to pity the poor saps who have bought
perhaps the only mobile phone in existence where the battery cannot be
changed by the owner.

--

 Martin A. Brooks |  http://www.antibodymx.net/ | Anti-spam & anti-virus
    Consultant    |  martin at antibodymx.net      | filtering. Inoculate