Anti-cat device

Tara Andrews tla at
Thu Nov 29 01:20:58 GMT 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 7:53 PM, Robin Berjon <robin at> wrote:

> So I was wondering if some of you folks here had any tricks to fend
> off feline hackers? Any help is welcome.

There's nothing as effective as training the cat (e.g. roughly moving
it off the keyboard every time you catch it on there) but if you need
a temporary measure and want to keep your laptop "awake", you could
always prop it up on its side.  Stand it open like a book, and then
the cat would have a hard time pressing any keys.

 It's what I do if my own cat is being particularly heat-seeking and I
have to leave the laptop unattended for 10 minutes.