Laptop Recommendations

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Thu Nov 29 15:59:12 GMT 2007

David Cantrell wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 01:34:34PM +0000, Nigel Rantor wrote:
>
>> I am currently trying to see if I can get VMWare Player to install XP
>> Pro for me using qemu to generate an initial disk image.
>>
>> If anyone has decent instructions for Ubuntu let me know, doesn't seem
>> very happy to play right now, not detecting that there *is* a bootable
>> CD there.
>
> Can it boot other CDs?  And are you sure that your Ubuntu CD is
> bootable?  ie, have you tried it on anything else?

Ah, ignore me, the teddy-bear that is the list already worked its magic.

I was assuming what people said on the net was true, ha!

Yeah, got Windows to install into a blank image.

Since I won't want to run that many (any?) hardcore games on whatever
lappy I get this should probably be perfect, as long as I get enough RAM.

Hmm...thinkpads can handle 4Gb eh....damn, I still don't know what to
get though. Thinkpad, Vaio, Thinkpad, Vaio, Thinkpad, Vaio......