Tube spoof-recordings

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Thu Nov 29 16:22:01 GMT 2007

On Thu, Nov 29, 2007 at 04:11:35PM +0000, Smylers wrote:

> After departing Hammersmith the driver said:
>
>   We'll be going quite slowly to Acton Town, so I'm going to call at
>   this station [Ravenscourt Park, where Piccadilly trains don't normally
>   call] so you can transfer to the District Line train to Ealing Common
>   that's pulling up on the adjacent platform, and that way you'll get to
>   Acton Town sooner.
>
> Somebody actually thought about how, by doing something they don't
> normally do, they could minimize the inconvenience to their customers!!

That's strange. Previously I've known them to be extremely reluctant to open
the doors at Ravenscourt Park, even when they're stuck in the platform. And
they often seem unhappy to do so at Turnham Green, despite the fact that
Piccadilly Line trains are scheduled to call there in the early mornings and
late evenings.

Maybe they weren't feeling well, and normal service will be resumed shortly.
Sorry, "good" service.

Nicholas Clark