Emergency Social - Pembury Tavern tomorrow

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Dec 5 16:05:42 GMT 2007

On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 02:20:27PM +0000, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> Tomorrow the Pembury Tavern will start serving the one and only barrel
> of Milton Io (9.2% ABV)*

> http://london.randomness.org.uk/wiki.cgi?Pembury_Tavern%2C_E8_1JH
>
> Advantages of the Pembury:

> :-) Pints of tea (I find this more dangerous than the beer)

unfortunately the jug pint glass they were using for the pints of tea has
broken, and so these are no longer available.

But I forgot some advantages

:-) Ferrets welcome
:-) Home made pork scratchings
:-) The barman last night (not Steve, the Landlord) was wearing a PEBKAC
    t-shirt
:-) The menu on the till for "how do you want you steak done" starts at "blue"

[It had other options. Whether this is regarded as good, I'm not sure :-)
Also the Carcassonne set now has 2 more expansions, and so is even more
confusing tactically. I came last. I usually do]

> * In the extremely unlikely event of it turning out to be off or otherwise
>   undrinkable, they won't. Decent pubs have standards, after all.

It was dangerously drinkable. Well, more tersely, dangerous. :-)

If it lasts until Sunday I will be drinking some more. But in moderation.

Nicholas Clark