Cufflinks

Ian Malpass ian at indecorous.com
Thu Dec 6 15:57:38 GMT 2007

Smylers wrote:
> A friend has requested cufflinks for Christmas, silver (presumably she
> means silvery-coloured, rather than made from silver).

Depends on how good a friend she is, I suppose ;) You can certainly
obtain silver-plated cufflinks, if sterling is out of the question. As
previous replies have suggested, Jermyn Street is tailor-ridden[0], and
you'll be able to find just about anything there[1], but at a price. I'm
John Lewis will have something more proletarian, and their opening hours
will be suitable.

Ian

[0] I've tended to patronise Pink's and TM Lewin for my nice shirts and
ties. (Which, after three years in the US, I no longer fit in, much to
my distress.) Oh, and do pop in to Tricker's if you're in need of good
shoes. And Trumper's is great for gentlemen's toiletries and shaving
requisites (their badger-hair shaving brushes are a tad expensive, but
are wonderful nevertheless).

[1] I almost bought a pair of sterling silver collar bones once. I still
vaguely regret not doing so.