Meteor

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Thu Dec 20 16:54:02 GMT 2007

On Thu, Dec 20, 2007 at 03:10:08PM +0000, Andrew Betts wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm the maintainer of Meteor (http://meteorserver.org) and the
> developer of the Javascript web client for it.  It's a streaming data
> server designed for web applications, implementing a technique known
> as comet.
>
> If you visit the site you'll see it in action immediately because it
> plots all traffic to the site in real time using a starscape
> visualisation at the top of every page.
>
> We're rather short of perl expertise as the original coder of the
> server daemon has left the project, so I'm on the hunt* for a new perl
> developer or two who might be interested in getting involved.

Have you tried getting in touch with the cometd project which was originally
founded by a JS person and a perl person[0] and seeing about working with them?

[0] Actually, two perl people. But I've not had tuits to work on it for a
while now so I don't really count - my greatest achievement was probably
coming up with the Bayeux name ...