5.10

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Mon Jan 7 17:23:39 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 12:54:56PM +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> Has anybody tried perl 5.10 out on some real code? I appear to be
> getting the odd problemette...

No, I haven't.  There seem to be a few annoying little
incompatibilities.  I have no intention of using 5.10.0 apart from for
testing.  That should give module authors who care enough time to find
(or be notified of) problems and fix 'em.

  The test of the goodness of a thing is its fitness for use.  If it
  fails on this first test, no amount of ornamentation or finish will
  make it any better, it will only make it more expensive and foolish.
     -- Frank Pick, lecture to the Design and Industries Assoc, 1916