Perl MarkMail

Robin Berjon robin at
Wed Jan 9 15:02:15 GMT 2008

On Jan 09, 2008, at 12:41, Smylers wrote:
> Perl is one of the projects whos archives are covered:
> Anybody played with it?
> It appears to be Flash-based, but I just get a large white space
> with a
> small emblem flashing "loading...".

There's nothing or very little Flash about it (that I can tell or
know of). It's basically a demonstration of the power of some form of
big XML processing thingie. All the email messages are stored in XML,
and can then be queried using XQuery (see
jceio6hai2t5f2ge if you can). The results are transformed into XHTML
and made interactive using your typical JS and CSS tricks. It can
definitely use a few improvements but it also certainly is a rather
nice interface to email archives (certainly nicer than most, if in
places less featureful).

Robin Berjon -
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can
  change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
                         -- Margaret Mead