Perl MarkMail

Robin Berjon robin at berjon.com
Wed Jan 9 15:02:15 GMT 2008

On Jan 09, 2008, at 12:41, Smylers wrote:
> Perl is one of the projects whos archives are covered:
>
>   http://perl.markmail.org/
>
> Anybody played with it?
>
> It appears to be Flash-based, but I just get a large white space
> with a
> small emblem flashing "loading...".

There's nothing or very little Flash about it (that I can tell or
know of). It's basically a demonstration of the power of some form of
big XML processing thingie. All the email messages are stored in XML,
and can then be queried using XQuery (see http://markmail.org/message/
jceio6hai2t5f2ge if you can). The results are transformed into XHTML
and made interactive using your typical JS and CSS tricks. It can
definitely use a few improvements but it also certainly is a rather
nice interface to email archives (certainly nicer than most, if in
places less featureful).

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/