Living the Metaphor

Billy Abbott billy at
Fri Jan 18 23:03:57 GMT 2008

On Fri, 18 Jan 2008, Jeff Anderson wrote:

> On Jan 18, 2008 2:34 PM, Adam Bartosik <moldovenu at> wrote:
>> Yeap, Cata-market is growing. This is must-be, all CGI apps are going die... ;)
> Ever heard of that "dead" language called COBOL?

My officemate reminds me every now and again that one day perl will be a
"dead language" and we will be able to charge as much as the COBOL kids do
now to keep us in the standard to which we will become accustomed in our

I suspect that we aren't the only people with this idea and we will be
paid in literal peanuts, or whatever other form of nut is cheap in the

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a speeding truck full of CDs.
The latency sucks though...
  Billy Abbott                     billy at cowfish dot org dot uk