introspection (and Perl 6)

Jonathan Rockway jon at jrock.us
Mon Jan 21 21:40:09 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 21:04 +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> On 21/01/2008, Ovid <publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com> wrote:
> actually shorthand for:
> >
> >   $class.HOW.can('foo');
>
> Kinda neat. :)
>
> I don't mind the hat as long as it's shorthand for golfers that I'll
> never need to use or read in production code.

Why is shorthand "only for golfers"?  Do you really think that
Java-style verbosity makes for more readable code?  Both expressions
mean the same thing, and are equally readable.

Yes, you need to know Perl in order to read Perl.

Am I really having this conversation on a pm.org mailing list?

Regards,
Jonathan Rockway