introspection (and Perl 6)

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Jan 23 12:08:16 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jan 21, 2008 at 09:04:45PM +0000, Aaron Trevena wrote:

> I still think there are a bunch of WTF syntax changes in Perl 6, but
> I'll reserve judgement until I've ported my code.

Unfortunately by then it will be too late, because people will be using
some of the more stupid features, and you'll have to, at some point,
maintain their code.

No, automagically transmogrifying their code into your chosen style
isn't a solution.  Even if it is possible it will require work that
wouldn't otherwise be required, and will just result in overly-large CVS
commits when you've applied your one-line patch to the de-obfuscated
version of their code.

PERL: Politely Expressed Racoon Love