introspection (and Perl 6)

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 24 23:18:20 GMT 2008

--- Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:

> My complaint was that it was a single symbol operator in the place
> where I expected a class or method to be.

I confess that I thought it odd at first, too.  But don't forget that
many of the unusual features are in unusual areas of the language that
few will actually see :)

And as pointed out earlier, many of the things you see about Perl 6 are
showing off the new features because otherwise, there wouldn't be much
to see since much of Perl 6 looks just like Perl 5 but with proper
function signatures.

Plus, since the language now has a regular grammar, I fully expect to
see editors which effectively "use English" by transforming shorthands
into the longer versions some people prefer :)

Cheers,
Ovid

--
Buy the book  - http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perlhks/