Lack of Perl articles on programming.reddit.com

Andy Wardley abw at wardley.org
Fri Jan 25 12:24:03 GMT 2008

Matt S Trout wrote:
> Is that really an improvement?

Dunno.  It's new.  Let's see what happens.

I *hope* that the introduction of user-definable sub-reddits
will improve the general signal-to-noise ratio.  Chances are
that the comments won't get filled up with "Perl Sucks!  Python
Rocks!" posts because those people won't be reading the Perl
sub-reddit in the first place.

And the fact that it's moderated (currently by myself and
mr_chromatic, but just ask...) means that there is a \kick
fallback in case it is needed.

Aaaand... if you're interested in Perl (but not Python, Haskell,
Lisp, etc), then you've got somewhere to look for Perl-related
stuff without having to wade through all the other stuff.  The
in-built voting mechanism for both articles and comments means
that the interesting stuff bubbles up to the top.

So yes, I'm *hoping* it's an improvement.  But alas I'm not in
a position[*] to tell you how the experiment ends, or even if
it ends at all, at this point in time.

[*] Legal injunction by Messrs Turing, Church and Godel