Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Mon Jan 28 15:37:11 GMT 2008

On Fri, Jan 25, 2008 at 01:14:49PM -0500, jesse wrote:
> While nobody would claim that Pugs is currently in a position to be used
> for production code, it was at one time.

So what was the one usable perl6 runtime now isn't?

I think that merits a little more explanation lest even more of the waverers
run screaming into the hills[0].

[0] Where I'll be trapping them and putting them to work in the XS mines
in order to help me steal features - now matter how scathing I might be
about the implementations, or at least the manner in which expectations
have been managed compared to their actual maturity, I love much of the
language design effort (and it's entirely possible I merely don't understand
the bits I don't love well enough yet :)