[OT] user-management bit of web apps

Matt S Trout dbix-class at trout.me.uk
Wed Jan 30 09:37:49 GMT 2008

On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 02:50:57PM -0500, Jeff Anderson wrote:
> I just sprinkle some chicken blood on it:
> http://search.cpan.org/~maverick/Apache-Voodoo/
>
> But Maverick has yet to add such a module ... We are looking to
> finally clean up the docs and set up a test site that people can mess
> up. We are planning on building such a module -- hopefully one that
> can be used without needing Voodoo ... but let me tell ya folks ...
> i've built some sites with this package and i have yet to find another
> such package that is extensible, maintanable, and just damn plain fun
> to use.

Awesome.

mod_perl only, built-in mini-ORM, uses HTML::Template.

It's like Maypole back when it was called Apache::MVC expect not useful.

It is, admittedly, better than the "web framework" I wrote once ... but I
had the sense to chuck that out and replace it with Maypole and then later
Catalyst.

What's your excuse?