Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

Jeff Anderson captvanhalen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 17:06:12 GMT 2008

On Wed, Jan 30, 2008 at 11:53 AM, Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:
>  > Hopefully Perl 7 will be a proper predecessor to Perl 5. I don't know
>
>  I assume you mean successor.

Oops. Indeed i did.

>  Nothing stopping you. But nothing stopping you sticking with Perl 5 either.
>  Whatever floats your boat.

Exactly. I am still trying to figure what was so wrong with Perl 5 in
the first place. One of the best articles i read about Perl 5 was
talking about how Perl 5 didn't need Patterns. So i stopped worrying
about building objects every time i needed to build a system. The
designers of Perl 6 seem to only care about trying to compete with the
likes of Java. WTF?

--
jeffa