Beer and Pie combinations. Was: Most Perl 6 will look like Perl 5

Kake L Pugh kake at earth.li
Wed Jan 30 19:55:40 GMT 2008

On Tue 29 Jan 2008, Greg McCarroll <greg at mccarroll.org.uk> wrote:
> Do people have any opinions on which beers go well with which pies?
> I'm particularly intrigued by the idea of using one beer in the
> sauce of the pie and then either the same or another beer as an
> accompaniment.

This has made me wonder about using beer in sweet pies rather than
savoury ones.  I had a quite fantastic pint of Downton Chocolate
Orange stout at the Bricklayer's Arms in Putney the other week.  I
wonder if it would be possible to incorporate that into some kind of
pie.  Although chocolate pies do tend to be heretical pies.

Kake