help with qx?

Randy J. Ray rjray at
Wed Feb 6 02:28:42 GMT 2008

> and it will be unlikely that his command will generate enough output to
> fill a stdio buffer in the qx or the open pipe. so looping over the qx
> lines in a list context or reading line by line from the open pipe will
> be about the same speed and storage.

He did specifically say that he expected the command to generate a considerable
amount of output. I suppose that depends on whether his concept of
"considerable" matches ours. Pulling large diffs or log history on a sizable
project could produce fairly large output.

Randy J. Ray      Sunnyvale, CA   rjray at

Silicon Valley Scale Modelers: