Traits, r

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Fri Feb 8 12:53:22 GMT 2008

On Fri, Feb 08, 2008 at 12:28:21PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:

> Pronouncing it as "is a" works well when you're explaining OO to
> newbies in terms of how physical objects

This is why everyone should learn OO via MUD programming, sure it'll
consume their lives for a bit and their sleep patterns will be fucked
up, but its worth it (sort of). There is nothing like seeing the abuses
of objects to turn them into other things (Scripted boss monster ->
tour guide) to spark the imagination. I suppose 2nd life might be a poor
mans substitute but i'm hesitant, too new fangled for me.

> Safety tip: never strap firearms to a hamster

Not even if you tape up their claws with electrical tape first? ;-)

G.