ON-TOPIC: TV/monitor advice needed

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Feb 11 15:37:44 GMT 2008

On Mon, Feb 11, 2008 at 03:12:33PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
[...]
> Anyway, I need a new display for the Mac Mini that I use for watching DVDs
> and stuff. It has to fit into a hole measuring 36" by 23", and must have
> either a DVI or HDMI input. Presumably something sold as a TV will be
> cheaper than something sold as a monitor, and be slightly lower
> resolution. That doesn't bother me much. Should it?

The resolution won't make much difference given that there's not much HD
content out there. You may as well just toddle off to your nearest Currys
with a tape measure to find something cheap that fills the hole.

> Oh, and anyone wanna buy a analogue CRT TV?

You will probably have trouble *giving* a CRT away. They're barely worth the
cost of the petrol to move them these days.