Perl Advocacy

Mark Knoop mark at rawcane.net
Mon Feb 25 08:45:24 GMT 2008

http://www.gorillabox.net/

(they are in Maidenhead but I live in London and work from home some of the
time...)

It's an interesting topic as when the company started I had a major argument
with completely non-technical people about what we should use and they
really wanted to use Java seemingly because it was perceived to be industry
standard. I just managed to persuade them to let me use Perl for speed of
development but as long as we had the option to migrate to Java later on.
Being able to use the BBC as a 'reference' was a major help in giving them
the confidence to let me go with Perl.