Perl Advocacy

Alison Young ali at anarres-worlds.org
Wed Feb 27 16:02:57 GMT 2008

On Wed, 27 Feb 2008, Nicholas Clark wrote:

> Meanwhile, sort of back to the subject, is there any reason why we can't
> also list just the names of "companies that we know use Perl, but haven't
> said 'yes, please use our logo here'" ?

Of course then we'd then need a list of companies that used to use Perl
or would have used Perl but were put off by the perception that they'd be
strong-armed into showing support for a community or culture when all
they wanted was a tool to do a job.

I'm mostly joking, but it does sound like one of those things that someone
could get huffy about, simply because they didn't get asked.

Ali

ps: I would check with the company I currently work for, but I'm only
working for them for another 9 days.

--
Alison Young
ali at anarres-worlds.org