Evil EU::MM hackery required

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Mar 4 22:18:47 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 03:47:52PM +0000, David Precious wrote:
> David Cantrell wrote:
> >So I need to hook into make dist to shim some of my code in to read
> >and then write a new META.yml between EU::MM creating it and the
> >tarball being created.  Buggered if I can figure out how though.  Help
> >please!
> My current (and horrible) way to deal with this is to use NO_META => 1
> in Makefile.PL, and manually update my META.yml file myself, rather than
> having it generated for me automatically.

That would work well if I was creating a brand new Makefile.PL.  It
won't if one already exists - and anyway, turning off auto-generation
would seem to be a bad idea.

I think the most difficult moment that anyone could face is seeing
their domestic servants, whether maid or drivers, run away
  -- Abdul Rahman Al-Sheikh, writing at
     http://www.arabnews.com/?article=38558