REMINDER! Was: [ANNOUNCE] London.pm March Meeting

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Thu Mar 6 08:33:06 GMT 2008

Greg McCarroll writes:

> On Wed, Mar 05, 2008 at 03:12:08PM +0000, Dave Cross wrote:
>
> > Quoting Greg McCarroll <greg at mccarroll.org.uk>:
> >
> > > tradition that a non-leader of this motley crew buys the new
> > > people a
> >
> > I believe there's a typo in that paragraph :-)
>
> I really don't see any problem with this, although I may change it
> back next month.

Well if non-leaders are buying drinks for newcomers, perhaps for
symmetry the leader should buy drinks for those departing?

Talking of which: I'm off.

I've decided to move back to Leeds and work half-time (and was very
pleased to discover that my employer doesn't see either of these things
as a reason to stop employing me!), so, unless an emergency crops up
next week, tonight will be my last London.pm meeting as a London-
dweller.

Thank you to everybody I've met down here; you've made me feel so
welcome.  I'm sure that some of my future trips to London will co-incide
with London.pm events, and you're all invited to come and visit the
nascent Leeds.pm.

My moving has caused a small reshuffle at work, creating a vacancy --
I'll get the proper job ad out in a few days (once we've finished
renaming the company, of all things), but I'm happy to chat informally
to anybody who's interested in being a Perl developer in west London.

(Oh, and it's still Lent, and I'm still drinking tap water, so nobody
actually has to buy me a drink (unless tonight's pub is like last
month's venue, where the downstairs bar couldn't provide tap water but
could sell it in bottles).)

Smylers