WTF? (why no alternate implemenations?)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Sun Mar 9 22:08:41 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 05:51:36PM -0400, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2008, at 5:38 PM, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:
> >Is it my imagination or was Parrot spawned over Dim Sum at the New
> >World?
> >

> I'd sort of expect that to be the now-defunct Ponie

I'm not sure where the precursors of the ideas came from, but the actual
plan came together at a barbequeue at James Duncan's house in Highams Park.

(On a day when One Railway decided to challenge us all by replacing trains
with buses, to ensure that only the truly determined could make it there.
One Railway is now National Express East Anglia, and the website certainly
seems a bit easier to use, but I've no idea whether they are any more
competent at rail replacement bus services than One were(n't). Southeastern,
in comparison, are actually quite good at it)

Nicholas Clark