WTF? (why no alternate implemenations?)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Mar 10 15:26:46 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 02:53:20PM +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:

> I see. I presume therefore that the website is simply out of date when
> it says that bytecode format, concurrency model and PMC (core datatypes)
> are not yet complete?

I believe that it is out of date. I've tried to locate the correct person to
get it up to date.

Also, to come clean, I did have a private bet with someone also external to
the project that the 1st December deadline would not be met, and it was, so
I was wrong. So at least until the end of last year they were doing better
at meeting their estimates than I had expected.

However, I will only believe 1st August 2008 when I see it. And I've no idea
what (if any) the difference between "complete" and ready to release is.

Nicholas Clark