a question

Toby Corkindale tjc at wintrmute.net
Sat Mar 15 08:31:06 GMT 2008

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 02:07:38PM +0000, perl wrote:
> My local council currently uses postfix to run their email system.
> Apparently it is very slow (a minute or two to download each email for
> anyone connected) and it doesn't 'do' meetings.
>
> Because of this they want to replace it with MS Exchange Server at a cost
> of £248,000 (over 5 years). Even at this cost they have calculated this
> will save them £48,000 a year.
>
> Any thoughts?

Yes.
They should ask a few UNIX folks to look at their setup. It sounds a bit FUBAR;
Postfix should NOT be running that badly!

It's correct that it doesn't "do" meetings, but that's because it is merely an
email system, not a groupware app. However there are some opensource groupware
apps that could be installed in order to enable "it" to do meetings.

tjc