[ANNOUNCE] April London.pm Meeting (3/4/2008)

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Tue Apr 1 22:53:40 BST 2008

On Tue, Apr 01, 2008 at 06:06:14PM +0100, abhishek jain wrote:

> Even i can make there for the first time in london.pm meeting, any piece of
> advice for the first timers, do we need any membership or so.

No membership or anything so formal, by posting you are already a
member :-). Just meet up with us and look for me[1], I'll introduce
you to people.

If I had to give advice for a first timer it would be, to just
feel free to talk to others about anything computing/geeky/perly/misc
that you are currently interested in - the nice thing about meetings
is you will normally find someone else interested in it - no matter
how obscure it is, I can certainly think of music, knitting, politics,
physics, travel, law, C, linux, buffy, sci-fi, rpg geeks among our
number. And some of the people even know a little about Perl. Just
circulate and find conversations that interest you.

See you on thursday!

G.

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmccarroll/542475264/