free booze* (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] April Meeting (3/4/2008))

Nicholas Clark nick at
Wed Apr 2 00:07:59 BST 2008

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 03:37:49PM +0100, Greg McCarroll wrote:

> We have the upstairs function room booked at the Bridge House.
> Full range of well-kept Adnams beers, Aspall cider, good food.

I've been naughtily forgetful, but finally I've managed to remember earlier
than on the train to the social, which gives me time to actually announce:

In January, a group of people gathered to say hi to Artur Bergman, and the amongst us suggested that the simplest thing to do was run a
kitty, style. For whatever reason, the kitty ran a surplus, and
at the end of the evening we had about £10.60 left. Rather than try some
complicated arrangement of splitting it back, I suggested that we roll it
over to the next kitty.

So I'm going to put £11 from that in the kitty too tomorrow. And thanks to
Matt Biddulph of and Richard of for
donating their shares our way. Free booze*

(I have this horrid feeling that I've forgotten someone else in my thank-you)

Nicholas Clark

* well "free" to the likely consumer, because it was already paid for by
  someone else personally.